Welcome to the Brooklyn Town Clerk’s page! The Town Clerk is responsible for:
- Recording and indexing the town’s land records.
- Acting as the town’s Registrar of Vital Statistics and maintaining the town’s vital records.
- Issuing marriage, dog, and hunting & fishing licenses.
- Managing public records. The meeting agendas & minutes for all Boards & Commissions are held in the Town Clerk’s office as are Trade Name Certificates for any businesses operating in the town under a “doing-business-as.”
- Issuing absentee ballots, certifying nominating petitions and compiling election results for the Secretary of State’s office as well as assisting the Registrar of Voters’ office with any other election-related items.
- Maintaining the books of Veteran’s Discharges that the Town Clerk is responsible for collecting & indexing.