The Brooklyn Planning and Zoning Commission consists of eight regular members and may include three alternate members. Members are appointed by the Board of Selectmen for four year terms.
Responsibilities of the Commission include the following:
- Preparation of Brooklyn’s Plan of Conservation and Development every ten years and any amendments as needed,
- Preparation and update of Brooklyn’s Subdivision Regulations,
- Review and approval/denial of all applications for subdivision or resubdivision of land,
- Preparation and update of Brooklyn’s Zoning Regulations, which creates separate zones within the town and establishes standards of land use within those zones, and
- The review and approval/denial of various zoning applications.
The Brooklyn Planning and Zoning Commission holds regular meetings on the first Wednesday of every month.
The Director of Community Development/Town Planner provides technical assistance to the Commission.
For forms relating to Planning and Zoning applications, please click here.
|Carlene Kelleher||Vice Chair|